Reconnecting with my spirit, I move gracefully into the future, dusting off a myriad of dreams too long forgotten.
So many things I always planned to do "someday". If "someday" isn't now, then when?

09 September 2010

What's it all about?

I am metamorphosing from one life time to another. It feels familiar, I think I've done this before. I want to capture my gentle aging process for my own to know later. I don't feel "old", and I'm not sure that 61 is old. What is old anyhow? I want to be healthy and happy. I believe if you can keep the body, then you can stay. I haven't worked too hard on keeping the body, although it's been very healthy.

So now I am working on the body. There are aches and pains, but I will fight them and not let them get in my way. I will exercise on purpose. When I was younger, sex and dancing kept me in balance. Then I was taking care of so many, but that's behind me now.

It's not just the exercise, I really love being outside. I love not having to hurry to work as my hours are flexible, I love being able to get myself somewhere on my own steam power. I don't believe it was such an accomplishment when I was driving.

I rode for several miles today, to avoid the hassle of putting the bike on the bus. It's a freedom, not quite explainable yet, but it gives me power and confidence . . .

. . . and a soreness throughout my back, and it made me sweat, and my dislocated thumb is aching. I do feel alive though and ordered a new ice pack for the hand today. I'm building up quite a collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment