Reconnecting with my spirit, I move gracefully into the future, dusting off a myriad of dreams too long forgotten.
So many things I always planned to do "someday". If "someday" isn't now, then when?

25 September 2010

I'm in LOVE with Orson Wells

Orson Wells was the speaker on "Mercury Theatre on the Air". What a voice!

I just finished listening to Rebecca (December 9, 1938). I just love old movies, black & white movies, old clothing, old speak, such a simple life then. The time is heavy with romance, deep sighs and intense feelings. 

So few words were necessary back then, so much drama... I can imagine their faces, their clothing, the countryside... the big old dark homes, so much wood and windows, so much land and trees...  so many gardens... 


We have been watered down, everything is about sex, having sex, looking sexy, smelling sexy, thinking sexy...  in the old days there was so much time, and having a partner meant so much more, they were a team. 

I love being pulled back in time, when your suitor in a top hat arrived in his horse & buggy and came calling. So much romance!


Tune into Mercury Theatre and get your dose of nostalgia.

1 comment:

  1. My fellow just said the other day, "Sometimes it's just so relaxing to watch old movies!" I think so too.

    ReplyDelete